Is it possible to show the real name instead of the nickname

Forum-related questions, complaints and discussion...
Ubaldo Andrea Farina

Is it possible to show the real name instead of the nickname

Post by Ubaldo Andrea Farina » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Hello,
I've just registered using a nickname instead of my real name thinking I would have been able to show the latter (like at talkchess) but I can't find such an option in my profile. If it's not possible can you Jeremy change my nickname? I would have written you a pm but it's seems I'm not allowed.

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to show the real name instead of the nick

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:56 pm

uaf wrote:Hello,
I've just registered using a nickname instead of my real name thinking I would have been able to show the latter (like at talkchess) but I can't find such an option in my profile. If it's not possible can you Jeremy change my nickname? I would have written you a pm but it's seems I'm not allowed.

No, this isn't an option and 3 minutes of searching didn't turn up a way to do this on a per-user basis. So I can change your username. What do you want? "Ubaldo Andrea Farina"?

Jeremy

Ubaldo Andrea Farina

Post by Ubaldo Andrea Farina » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:No, this isn't an option and 3 minutes of searching didn't turn up a way to do this on a per-user basis. So I can change your username. What do you want? "Ubaldo Andrea Farina"?

Jeremy
Yes, thanks.

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:59 pm

Ubaldo Andrea Farina wrote:
Jeremy Bernstein wrote:No, this isn't an option and 3 minutes of searching didn't turn up a way to do this on a per-user basis. So I can change your username. What do you want? "Ubaldo Andrea Farina"?

Jeremy
Yes, thanks.
Done. You'll need to logout and in again, but you've probably figured that out if you're reading this...

jb