Firefox's Autopager Addon

Forum-related questions, complaints and discussion...
Uly

Firefox's Autopager Addon

Post by Uly » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:00 am

Tired of clicking to go to the next page of a thread or a subforum? I just found a Firefox addon that makes that obsolete.

Introducing the Autopager.

Which makes that when you scroll to the bottom of the page, the next page automatically starts loading, and appears there seamlessly, so that you get to see it by just scrolling, without any click or mouse movement!

The addon is very smart and checks if it can work on the website you're in, it was a great surprise when it popped up: "It has been detected that Autopager works for open-chess.org, do you wish to enable it?" Sure!

My Google experience has been enhanced by it (it's something really time saving, unlike the autosuggest and Google Instant features that seem more like a gimmick), mainly because the next page loads before I've finished reading the previous page, killing load times of any future page, and I'd expect it to do the same for other sites (it allows you to create "next page" rules for any site you wish).

Anyway, just had to suggest forum users to give it a go, if they're on Firefox :)