Progess (often) is ugly, a summary try

General discussion about computer chess...
hyatt

Re: Progess (often) is ugly, a summary try

Post by hyatt » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:03 am

Chris Whittington wrote:
mjlef wrote:
Jeremy Bernstein wrote:
BB+ wrote:Secondly, I received some assurance from Levy and the Secretariat that if Rajlich was going to join in the discussions of the Investigation Panel, then everyone (in particular CW) who was "known" to be favouring his side of things would be admitted. OTOH, if the Panel was going to proceed without input from VR [and so, he would speak directly Board, if at all], then I had to agree that there didn't seem any specific reason to admit CW under the immediate circumstances.
Seems sort of short-sighted to say "if he won't defend himself, he deserves no defense whatsoever", though. Again, I doubt it would have changed anything, but it conveys an impression that the ICGA would probably prefer to avoid.

jb
Anyone could apply to join the panel. Some who did apply to join were turned down since they did not have the background to analyze the information (they just wanted to see what was happening). A few could not verify identity (and so were probably fake). Chris was rude. That is it. Some seemed to be on Vas's side and argued for him in the private discussions. Some others joined we assume to pass on information to Vas. Why Vas did not join still confuses me. We know his email address and so would have verified him very quickly. Why he did not want to see all the evidence is odd to me. But we did send him most of the reports and summaries of important web pages once the Secretariat report was completed.

The point is any of you could probably have joined and added to the defense of Vas. But Vas certainly did not put up much of a defense. Maybe he thought ICGA was not important, or maybe because there was no defense to put up with. The few complaints I have see on these boards are about process. I see nothing that really defends Vas here at all. (But I have not read all the postings on all the boards, since time is limited and I am traveling now).
You and Hyatt were rude, patronising and provocative. Me not. I showed great forbearance in the face of obvious hostility (confirmed recently by Hyatt on Rybka forum). Bob Hyatt could very easily have said "it's Chris, let's stop messing him around", but he didn't.

And Bob is so so sure he can identify me that he tilts at windmills on CCC (last week) accusing some crazy guy of being me when I've not posted at talkchess for over three years and have no intention of ever doing so. Good at making false identifications but not good at making true ones, it seems.

Conclusion? Political, political, political.

Right, there is never a rude comment coming from you. Although some of us are not Adolf Hitler fans and don't like that comment. Among others. Go figure...

Anthony.R.Brown

Post by Anthony.R.Brown » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:25 pm

thorstenczub wrote:hi bob. chris says he is not posting in talkchess.
i do believe him. the guy posting there speaks IMO a very different english then chris is speaking.

why do you spam this forum ?

why do you spam this forum with your postings ??
<@> {PROXY SERVERS No.1} <@> FOR UNLIMITED FUN! BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS PLAYING!

Anthony.R.Brown

Post by Anthony.R.Brown » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:26 pm

thorstenczub wrote:CW speaks perfect english and his statemens have a logic and he is often true with his
thesis. so i don't see how you can relate this with each other.

what is true is, that i would not call chris w. a friend of the ICCA/ICGA.
if you want to read an example how he argues and how he talks you can read the following texts as example:

http://www.thorstenczub.de/complcss2.html
http://www.thorstenczub.de/ihatematerialists.html

now tell me those texts are not logical or weak or whatever ...
IMO chris is very good in writing texts.

<@> {PROXY SERVERS No.1} <@> FOR UNLIMITED FUN! BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS PLAYING!

Anthony.R.Brown

Post by Anthony.R.Brown » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:29 pm

thorstenczub wrote:CW speaks perfect english and his statemens have a logic and he is often true with his
thesis. so i don't see how you can relate this with each other.

what is true is, that i would not call chris w. a friend of the ICCA/ICGA.
if you want to read an example how he argues and how he talks you can read the following texts as example:

http://www.thorstenczub.de/complcss2.html
http://www.thorstenczub.de/ihatematerialists.html

now tell me those texts are not logical or weak or whatever ...
IMO chris is very good in writing texts.