Still waiting on Ed

General discussion about computer chess...
diep

Re: Still waiting on Ed

Post by diep » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:21 am

hyatt wrote:The code to tune parameters in crafty is the "eval" command. You can change most any eval term, even a specific value in a piece/sq table, you can tune reductions, futility margins, depth controls on futility/reductions, etc.

I simply have my test platform emit a command and tack it on the end of the .craftyrc file, to change the parameter of interest. And I run a match. And then change it and run again. I tell the test platform the range of values to use, and the increment, or the specific set of values to use, and then let it grind. When it is over, I pick the one with the best result, make that default, and move on...

No NSA/CIA/DOD/DOE people involved at all...
Now that we touch the CIA subject anyway... ...there is even an unconfirmed rumour by diepthroat that there exists a wikileaks diplomatic cable from the cuban embassy of quite some years ago where an analyst who observed your department saw someone over there walking around in a t-shirt saying 'c ya', which was of course interpreted as a clear proof of the CIA being active there; after googling they concluded further that joining computer chess tournaments was the main activity of the department, resulting in the advice to ship someone to the world champs computerchess.

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Re: Still waiting on Ed

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:08 am

diep wrote:an analyst who observed your department saw someone over there walking around in a t-shirt saying 'c ya', which was of course interpreted as a clear proof of the CIA being active there
:lol: