Computer Chess Biggest Liar

General discussion about computer chess...
MoldyJacket

Re: Computer Chess Biggest Liar

Post by MoldyJacket » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:30 am

The foundations have been repeatedly laid, those with the right credentials in the community should participate in updating the Houdini Wikipedia entry with a Controversy section just as Rybka contains instead of letting Robert continue using it for free blatant exclusive advertising.
Nominal Quoting Fanboy

BTO7

Post by BTO7 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:21 am

I've read all that has been wrote. As a outsider to chess programming my gut tells me that Robert is a honest guy. If all thats been wrote up above is true then the only thing that makes sense to me is that Robert H is the true author of Robbolito. This makes sense then to me in that the program is actually his and his work thus he is not lying. This would explain a lot since the true author is unknown. It would then make sense that the true author would have the strongest version ....never releasing the best to the public but only versions that needed help tweaking in certain areas....this would explain why his version is so much stronger and faster then all other attempts and why only he has been able to gain really in elo. The true author would have the fastest ...strongest and cleanest version of the program and why he and only he can make true improvements to it as he has clearly demonstrated over the past year....while many others have tried. True Houdini act :P ...again if all thats wrote in the tread is true ...of which i have no idea ...im totally ignorant to programming.

BT

Uly

Post by Uly » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:17 am

That's circular reasoning. You assume that he is honest to show he's honest.

K I Hyams

Post by K I Hyams » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:56 pm

BTO7 wrote:I've read all that has been wrote. As a outsider to chess programming my gut tells me that Robert is a honest guy. If all thats been wrote up above is true then the only thing that makes sense to me is that Robert H is the true author of Robbolito. This makes sense then to me in that the program is actually his and his work thus he is not lying. This would explain a lot since the true author is unknown. It would then make sense that the true author would have the strongest version ....never releasing the best to the public but only versions that needed help tweaking in certain areas....this would explain why his version is so much stronger and faster then all other attempts and why only he has been able to gain really in elo. The true author would have the fastest ...strongest and cleanest version of the program and why he and only he can make true improvements to it as he has clearly demonstrated over the past year....while many others have tried. True Houdini act :P ...again if all thats wrote in the tread is true ...of which i have no idea ...im totally ignorant to programming.

BT
http://www.chesslogik.com/robbolito.htm
The page above lists Robbolito as a “Kranium” chess project. Kranium is inextricably linked to Robbo in innumerable other places. If you click on the Kranium link, near the top left of that page below einstein and above music, you can see that Kranium identifies himself as Norman Schmidt. Norman has a long history of modifying chess programs and the equivalence of Kranium and Norman is firmly established.

Norman has a sense of humour. Perhaps the comment below, which comes from the same page. is an example of that sense of humour:

“Robert Houdart apparently used Robbolito 0.09/0.085g3 source code as basis for his 'own' commercial chess engine Houdini...
for details and proof, please see:
http://www.open-chess.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1647

I could list 2 other pieces of circumstantial evidence that Houdart and Norman are one and the same. Norman includes his email address in the Kranium link mentioned above. He invites questions and so you could tell him about your suspicions.

Anthony.R.Brown

Post by Anthony.R.Brown » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:22 pm

thorstenczub wrote:
Jeremy Bernstein wrote: We shouldn't use those words, though, because they're clear and accurate. They are frightening in their directness, perhaps. Instead, let's use fuzzy concepts like "ethics", since they're less offensive and durchaus more ignorable. We wouldn't want to offend anyone, after all.

Enough said. I look forward to more side-by-side comparisons from kingliveson, as he's able to provide them.

jb

you are right. the words are clear and accurate.

but computerchess is not alone about money. or programming.
there are customers. fans. tournaments. people who enjoy watching computers fight against each other.

its still mainly a hobby area.

why do you spam this forum ?

why do you spam this forum with your postings ??
<@> {PROXY SERVERS No.1} <@> FOR UNLIMITED FUN! BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS PLAYING!