Universal Chessbot Client V2

General discussion about computer chess...
dbxuau

Universal Chessbot Client V2

Post by dbxuau » Fri May 24, 2013 2:52 am

Hello, I am releasing my version 2 of the UCC which has many features and optimizations over V1. It will allow the following:

- Play against any GUI
- Automove mode | engine vs engine (e.g. UCC vs Arena or engine vs engine over a network)
- Training mode (no automove but display multiple PV lines real-time)
---+ Display mini visualization board with arrows for moves to make (green for strongest, blue for 2nd strongest etc)
- Complete UCI engine protocol support with full parameter control
- Use Various opening book formats
- Clock time management
- Toggle between standard or Chess 960 mode
- Export game logs as .pgn
- Many other features I forgot to list

I know some of you might be complaining about cheating on websites, but I feel the liberty of the user should not be stifled as it can be a handy training tool in other scenarios. I have quite the elaborate activation scheme (crackers goodluck) so this will not be spreading on the net to destroy internet chess. On the contrary I feel people can use this tool to deliberately play engines vs engines. I am open to any ideas or comments you all have.

This is being released May 26th for $10 USD

Here is a video of an early alpha build. What now exists is far more complete. -Cheers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOpx9pZGq7k

dbxuau

Re: Universal Chessbot Client V2

Post by dbxuau » Mon May 27, 2013 5:28 am

mwyoung

Post by mwyoung » Tue May 28, 2013 2:34 pm

dbxuau wrote:Hello, I am releasing my version 2 of the UCC which has many features and optimizations over V1. It will allow the following:

- Play against any GUI
- Automove mode | engine vs engine (e.g. UCC vs Arena or engine vs engine over a network)
- Training mode (no automove but display multiple PV lines real-time)
---+ Display mini visualization board with arrows for moves to make (green for strongest, blue for 2nd strongest etc)
- Complete UCI engine protocol support with full parameter control
- Use Various opening book formats
- Clock time management
- Toggle between standard or Chess 960 mode
- Export game logs as .pgn
- Many other features I forgot to list

I know some of you might be complaining about cheating on websites, but I feel the liberty of the user should not be stifled as it can be a handy training tool in other scenarios. I have quite the elaborate activation scheme (crackers goodluck) so this will not be spreading on the net to destroy internet chess. On the contrary I feel people can use this tool to deliberately play engines vs engines. I am open to any ideas or comments you all have.

This is being released May 26th for $10 USD

Here is a video of an early alpha build. What now exists is far more complete. -Cheers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOpx9pZGq7k

This is a great product. For 10 bucks I wanted to see what you had developed. I am glad I took the risk. Can't wait for version 2. Your product has great potential for chess testers.
Please give version 2 full clock management options, like game in x, Number of moves in x/time with increments. I see that version 2 will be able to play the black side, and have full book options. This is a must have for testing.

dbxuau

Post by dbxuau » Tue May 28, 2013 7:36 pm

Implementing clock options is a little tricky. What is has right now is the ability to know how much time has passed on each move and then subtracts from a "global clock" and feeds that information to the engine. The engine then knows how much rough time is left to calculate making a move. I will surely find a way to optimize this approach however =)