Kramnik: computers 2 or 3 times better, humans 5-10%

General discussion about computer chess...
BB+

Kramnik: computers 2 or 3 times better, humans 5-10%

Post by BB+ » Wed May 17, 2017 2:36 am

Вопрос из зала: Как вы относитесь к компьютерным шахматам, и какие шансы у человека победить?

В. К.: В борьбе компьютера и человека второй уже, к сожалению, отстал. Я застал время, когда лет десять самые мощные компьютеры и самые лучшие шахматисты были примерно равны. Сам сыграл два матча с машиной в 2002-м и 2006-м. В первом борьба шла на равных – 4-4 мы сыграли, второй раз было уже тяжело – последнюю партию я проиграл, и проиграл-таки матч. С тех пор поединки не проводились, потому что сила игры компьютеров увеличилась в два-три раза, а у шахматистов - процентов на 5-10.
http://chess-news.ru/node/23164
Question from the audience: How do you feel about computer chess, and what are the chances for a person to win?

VK: In the struggle between computer and human, the latter is, unfortunately, behind. Back in my day was the time when for ten years the most powerful computers and the best chess players were approximately equal. I played two matches with the machine in 2002 and 2006. In the first the fight was on an equal footing - 4-4 we played, the second time it was already hard - I lost the last game, and I lost the match. Since then, fights have not been conducted, because the strength of the game of computers has increased by two or three times, and chess players - 5-10 percent.