ENET-2023 position test

General discussion about computer chess...
Eduard Nemeth

ENET-2023 position test

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:15 am

05. July 2023:

I'm finishing today my ENET-2023 position test. The tests are still important to me personally because the ability of engines to analyze plays a major role for me. I will therefore continue to test, but only privately for myself. If you also want to test the analysis capability of engines, you can download the ENET-2023 position test here:

https://solistachess.jimdosite.com/testing/

I have decided to only use my own engines privately for myself. That's why I removed all download links from my news page. Most of the Stockfish clones I've looked at contain very few changes from the original. There are even clones where not a single line has been changed in the search. Dealing with published Stockfish clones therefore makes little sense. Some authors only publish their engines to satisfy their own ego. If anyone felt that way about my engines, I'm sorry. Originally I intended to test my own clones privately only. I now see it as a mistake that I wasn't consistent enough here. There are few Stockfish cloning engines that make sense to release. An example is ShashChess. In addition to numerous Freatures, this engine contains many of the author's own ideas! I will therefore be happy to point out such engines in the future! Most other developers (myself included) are better off keeping their own engines private and having fun tweaking some parameters. Anyone who only deals with clone engines to make themselves important should look for another hobby.
Peace be with you!