kingliveson - Kappatoo

Correspondence games between OpenChess members here...
Kappatoo

Re: kingliveson - Kappatoo

Post by Kappatoo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:35 pm

Thanks for the game, too. I thought at the time that the ending after the piece sacrifice gave me chances. But you defended accourately and the game was always in the draw range.

I think this position is better for you than the one you offered previously. :)
But I accept the challenge. Should we open another thread?

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:39 am

Kappatoo wrote:Thanks for the game, too. I thought at the time that the ending after the piece sacrifice gave me chances. But you defended accourately and the game was always in the draw range.

I think this position is better for you than the one you offered previously. :)
But I accept the challenge. Should we open another thread?
Great! I have opened another thread. I always suspected the position in the concluded game was draw, but not so sure about this one. White actually has the advantage...we shall see however.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

Kappatoo

Post by Kappatoo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm still not sure what you mean by 'draw'. Chess has a huge draw range; I am pretty sure that the position we started from was still well within this range. Nevertheless, black is definitely better.

The seond position you proposed is a different matter, I think. The line is slightly off-beat, but it has been played by many very strong players, including Topalov and Ivanchuk.

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:33 pm

Kappatoo wrote:I'm still not sure what you mean by 'draw'. Chess has a huge draw range; I am pretty sure that the position we started from was still well within this range. Nevertheless, black is definitely better.

The seond position you proposed is a different matter, I think. The line is slightly off-beat, but it has been played by many very strong players, including Topalov and Ivanchuk.
I meant I did not think the position was lost for White given the initial advantage for Black.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen