Schroders Resignation Analyzed

Whatever else you want to talk about. Forum rules still apply.
Sean Evans

Schroders Resignation Analyzed

Post by Sean Evans » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:31 pm

Email to ICGA chairman David Levy

Date : January 5, 2012
Subject : Resignation
CC : Mark Lefler

Dear David,

After seeing the reactions of my former colleagues on the ChessBase article it's now crystal clear to me nothing is going to change.

As I see it the real power is in the hands of the programmers, when they go on strike there is no tournament, the CSVN felt the power of the programmers a couple of months ago, they destroyed two tournaments.

And unfortunately I can not say you are blameless in the latter. You attacked the CSVN in a total unnecessary way in your notorious Attack of the Clones article on ChessVibes later echoed back in the programmers letter to the CSVN. Your motives for that are a mystery to me.

Looking back at the last 6 months and all the bad things that happened I do not want to be associated any longer with the ICGA in any way. Please be so kind to remove all my tournament results including my 2 world titles.

Please inform me where to send the Shannon trophy, it's not longer welcome in my house.

Regards,

Ed Schroder
Why would Schroder feel that because he has taken public hissy-fit that the ICGA should be obliged to take Rebel off their former winners list? So for the two-years Rebel won, now it should be left blank?

Arrogance personified :!:

Sean