Designing an analysis friendly Stockfish?

Code, algorithms, languages, construction...
Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Re: Designing an analysis friendly Stockfish?

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:59 am

Uly wrote:
snino64 wrote:could be added "evaluation Remembering" in gtb?
What you show is not evaluation remembering, the evaluation is a mate in 12, Stockfish remembers that it's a mate in 12, so it's remembering the evaluation correctly.

What you are asking for is "show all moves up to mate in mate positions", this could be done even without having to interact with the position and seems reasonable, maybe someone else can help.
It looks like Houdini caches the PV for tablebase lines. Stockfish GTB does not. One could add this, but I'm not really sure that the effort is worth the trouble -- all you have to do is make the move you're interested in and you'll get the complete PV. Maybe something else will occur to me that would make this simpler, but I can't imagine a solution that doesn't involve significant surgery.

jb

Uly

Post by Uly » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:21 am

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:One could add this, but I'm not really sure that the effort is worth the trouble
Oh, if it's not something trivial to fix it's perhaps not worth it. Though I'm biased, I'd rather have that time used for ideas about implementing "position learning" ;)

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:14 pm

In case anyone is watching this thread, and not the other thread, there's a new PA_GTB build based on Stockfish 2.1.1 out:

viewtopic.php?f=5&p=12696#p12669

jb

Prima

Post by Prima » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:10 am

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:In case anyone is watching this thread, and not the other thread, there's a new PA_GTB build based on Stockfish 2.1.1 out:

viewtopic.php?f=5&p=12696#p12669

jb
I had already downloaded this but had not logged in to thank you for these compiles; Thank you. Also thank you Uly for the initiation of this idea.

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Wed May 15, 2013 8:53 pm