ChatGPT and Chess

Code, algorithms, languages, construction...
ezpz420

ChatGPT and Chess

Post by ezpz420 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:48 pm

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and joined after becoming interested in the relationship between LLMs and chess programming. I think a lot of us have seen that LLMs hallucinate quite a bit with chess and have difficulty reasoning and understanding the game. I thought it would be interesting the leverage existing chess engines with their insights as context for LLMs to create more human intelligible understanding of what is going on in a game. However, when I feed chat gpt a pgn of a game, an evaluation from stockfish, and a suggested move from stockfish, it still does a poor job of gleaning insights and demonstrating understanding of what is happening during a given board state.

To improve upon this I have hypothesized a few ways to work around this
Finetuning: This would require a manicured dataset with annotations of games
Reinforcement Learning: This would be a very difficult endeavor, but I was thinking that theoretically it would be possible to have an LLM give a move suggestion along with its 'reasoning' and then check the move suggestion with stockfish. If the evaluation is strong then this could act as a reward function. The hope would be that the LLM would update its weights in a way that would provide more human intelligible commentary, move suggestions and reasoning that is in line with the game.

I am new to chess programming so I would love everyones' thoughts on this idea. I'd also be interested in working on a project with anyone who is interested in taking this on. It is likely outside of my technical ability so far.

BriannaChauncy

Re: ChatGPT and Chess

Post by BriannaChauncy » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:56 am

Depending on the brand features and level of integration consider your budget and weigh it against the features extnix and benefits offered by different systems. It's important to strike a balance between affordability and the desired functionality.

BriannaChauncy

Post by BriannaChauncy » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:23 am

They greet individuals, provide information, and offer assistance, making people fastguardservice.com feel safe and valued. Moreover, security guards can help enforce policies and maintain order within a premises.

BriannaChauncy

Post by BriannaChauncy » Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:13 am

For sure, the shaping of the item is held for the customers according to their desires. The theme of the Hooded Gandoura is improved for the turns. Casual reports firm for the terms for the width for the use of the shade for humans.

BriannaChauncy

Post by BriannaChauncy » Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:23 am

The recourse for all push up and all joy is ensured for the terms for the citizens. The movement of the skytrak sig10 golf simulator price is held for the signals. Room is piled for the targeted element for the signature for the rooming field for all options for humans.

MichelleCCarrillo

Post by MichelleCCarrillo » Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:56 am

As you come and examination on these organizations, you might need to consider the length of your windows jkr windows then endeavor to get their contact data so you can call them or send them an email along these lines.

MichelleCCarrillo

Post by MichelleCCarrillo » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:03 am

Just examples that are newly picked or appropriately saved ought to be consumed and not excessively old. When an eatable mushy delivery mushroom loses its newness, bacterial states will shape and stomach upsets or more regrettable side effects.

SaraOMalley

Post by SaraOMalley » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:56 am

Ceramic circuit boards also exhibit excellent solderability and wire bonding properties. The smooth and flat surface of ceramic PCB materials provides optimal contact for solder joints and wire connections ensuring reliable and robust electrical connections.

SaraOMalley

Post by SaraOMalley » Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:54 am

Capitalize on growth opportunities business consultants provide strategic guidance that empowers businesses to chart a path towards sustainable growth and https://centarusps.net/ success. Furthermore, Business Consultant Companies can offer valuable support.

MichelleCCarrillo

Post by MichelleCCarrillo » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:33 am

In crafting compelling and impactful narratives its robust timeline and multi-track editing capabilities allow me to weave together ai video generator interviews archival footage and B rolls seamlessly. The advanced audio editing tools help me clean up.