FRITZ 12, YOUR FEEDBACK ON BUGS, PROBLEMS, DESIRED FEATURES?

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
MichaelIsGreat

FRITZ 12, YOUR FEEDBACK ON BUGS, PROBLEMS, DESIRED FEATURES?

Post by MichaelIsGreat » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:32 pm

Hello to All,

1) Users of Fritz 12 (and eventually of a previous version of Fritz even though the Fritz 12 GUI is different from its previous versions),
what are the bugs and the problems that you have you encountered using Fritz 12?

2) Users of Fritz 12 (and eventually of a previous version of Fritz even though the Fritz 12 GUI is different from its previous versions),
what would be the features that you have seen using other chess GUIs and that you would like to see in Fritz 12 but that are not present?

After a while, when I see enough feedback posted, I will make sure that your feedback reach the programmers of Fritz 12 so that they can incorporate your new ideas but also solve the remaining bugs and problems at one of the next updates that can be downloaded for free.

I only recently started using Deep Fritz 12 with Rybka 4 and now Houdini 1.5. I find the GUI very good but I still feel it could be made even better. Especially for the Analysis tools available in Deep Fritz 12 where they could be made to be more easy to use and especially to be able to record your results (but I learn on this matter so I might have missed a few things).

I was not a convert of the ribbon-type of GUI when it appeared in Office 2007 because I used for so long the previous versions of Microsoft Office. However, the Deep Fritz 12 GUI uses this ribbon-type of GUI too and I find it very good and now I even prefer it to the usual non-ribbon type of GUI found in the classical menu options. Funny how habits die hard!

There are regular updates that you can download for free to update your Fritz 12 GUI. Take advantage of them.

Thanks in advance to those who will post their feedback.

Best Regards to All
MichaelIsGreat