IvanHoe 0B.01.10 x64 Crashes in certain positions

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
veritas

Re: IvanHoe 0B.01.10 x64 Crashes in certain positions

Post by veritas » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:52 am

@Pima

insinuations without giving names is very small of you as some will start to mull over the few ivanhoe compilers and most are completely honest . i exclude Ahmed aka dr george aka george harrison aka tester etc etc etc of course :roll:

you would have what done with a source code that matched or beat ivanhoe ?
put in encrypted file and time capsul ? or whisper " May i test this engine please "

i suspect the latter

i certainy would wish to test it

Ippolit knew scome / ( some / scum ) would capitalize on there efforts but still gave freely . that is the spirit of there cause
NOT to keep to ones self .

if there source code has been improved they should be given it if no other should

veritas

Post by veritas » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:05 am

kingliveson wrote:I could probably produce a build ~50 Elo gain, but then the source code would have to be released along in keeping with the open-source spirit. The issue is you have those who will commercialize it, which actually I have no problem with, in all sincerity, but rather the blatant lies attached claiming it's their own code with just "ideas" from other sources. It is disheartening and very discouraging.
NO OFFENSE INTENDED but how often IF EVER have you released the actual source code of your compiles :?:

A source code allways included yes
the original Decemberists one ,
Never ( to my knowledge ) have you included the modified code of the posted compile

hardly in keeping with the spirit of open source or Ippolit really so why the pontification in your post ?

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:17 pm

veritas wrote:
kingliveson wrote:I could probably produce a build ~50 Elo gain, but then the source code would have to be released along in keeping with the open-source spirit. The issue is you have those who will commercialize it, which actually I have no problem with, in all sincerity, but rather the blatant lies attached claiming it's their own code with just "ideas" from other sources. It is disheartening and very discouraging.
NO OFFENSE INTENDED but how often IF EVER have you released the actual source code of your compiles :?:

A source code allways included yes
the original Decemberists one ,
Never ( to my knowledge ) have you included the modified code of the posted compile

hardly in keeping with the spirit of open source or Ippolit really so why the pontification in your post ?
Every "official" build I have released does include the original source code. Well, because they are pretty much exact copy of the source. This was already discussed over a year ago. All, I mean all the other compilers were modifying the engine's play, which is not done with builds @ chess.cygnitec.com -- they are default builds as the developers intended. Those who understand the code know what this means.

I would say building binaries for both Windows and Linux, including the source, which has been done for every single IvanHoe release, generating its tablebases, and hosting them along is quite keeping with the open-source spirit.

To the issue of not wanting to produce a build much stronger, which am sure a couple people out there possess, and without naming names, you can see why one would be discouraged to do so -- plus, too many whiners and complainers.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

veritas

Post by veritas » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:07 pm

point being you are the along with ahmed the main ignorer of open source when it comes to Ippolit

less hypocrisy would be as appreciated as would the sources improvements being passed to the Decemberist's

Prima

Post by Prima » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:41 am

In defense of Kingliveson, not that he asked for it, he IS the only so far that provides his codes with his IvanHoe compiles. So this unmerited accusation does not apply to him.

But those who actually indulge in these infantile behaviour I described earlier know exactly who they are. I don't need to name names.

veritas

Post by veritas » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:40 am

Prima wrote:In defense of Kingliveson, not that he asked for it, he IS the only so far that provides his codes with his IvanHoe compiles. So this unmerited accusation does not apply to him.

But those who actually indulge in these infantile behaviour I described earlier know exactly who they are. I don't need to name names.
prima (Bug) you post rubbish , try at least to post facts NOT what you want others to believe

To the best of my knowledge KLO has NEVER provided the source code of his compiles , he has ALWAYS provided the Decemberists code NOT the code of the engine he has compiled

what you know about ippolit seems very very little so go study up the n TRY to post facts not fiction , if i post erroneous statements i will be first to apologize i don't need you trying to persuade readers i lie as i do not

Vlad0 and Peter Pan were the ONLY compilers the regularly provided source codes of there compiles but tired of the likes of Ahmed aka tester continually plagiarizing them . Ahmed NEVER provided ANY codes

my contention is the compilers should return the great favor they have been granted and send modifications to IPPOLIT

You object to that also ?

Prima

Post by Prima » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Prima wrote:In defense of Kingliveson, not that he asked for it, he IS the only so far that provides his codes with his IvanHoe compiles. So this unmerited accusation does not apply to him.

FOR Kingliveson ONLY!!!

In defense of Kingliveson, not that he asked for it, he IS the only so far that provides his codes with his IvanHoe compiles. So this unmerited accusation does not apply to him.

EDIT: Quoting myself, my original defense post was/is FOR Kingliveson. I realized I forgot to explicitly specify this, which may have given off the wrong impression I was responding to someone I had no intention of dialoguing with. I have now explicitly specified who my original post was meant for. That's now fixed.

Thanks Kingliveson for all you've done for us :)

veritas

Post by veritas » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:57 pm

last few words are the only truthful ones you've posted recently prima bug , rest of your post is usual garbage of misinformation aka inference's and untruths

credit where credits due

how about that and "Quid pro quo " to Ippolit :idea:

None of the windows compilers of Ippolits codes would have realised there positions re engine compileing without Ippolit . No Houdini engines without Ippolit . perhaps no rybka 4.1 without Ippolit

now thats veritas