A new chess GUI for UCI engines

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
chess-wizard

A new chess GUI for UCI engines

Post by chess-wizard » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:54 am

Hi all,

I used to be the developer of Mobile Chess and Flash Chess, and now start to release Chess Wizard: a free and powerful chess software to play, study, edit and publish games. The home page is:

http://www.chess-wizard.com/

It is derived from the famous Chinese chess (xiangqi) software XiangQi Wizard. Now Chess Wizard uses Stockfish as its default engine, and work well with famous Houdini .

I think the highlights of Chess Wizard are :
1. Hundreds of chess puzzles inside Chess Wizard ;
2. Supported by a huge online database, including thousands of games, millions of positions and billions of endgames (exaggerated) .

Here is the screenshot:

My next step is:
1. A visualized book browser or editor for PolyGlot (Fruit/Stockfish) books ;
2. Variants (Chess960 is available, which is next? Losing Chess?) ;
3. Improvement of Mobile Chess and Flash Chess .

As the developer of Chess Wizard, I want to know whether it meets your demand. And any other suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for downloading and enjoying it :-)

http://www.chess-wizard.com/

Prima

Re: A new chess GUI for UCI engines

Post by Prima » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:38 am

Thanks chess-wizard. I downloaded but haven't installed it yet to test out basic functions etc. In the meantime, I have a couple of questions. (1) What book format does the Chess Wizard GUI uses by default? PolyGlot, maybe? (2) Is it possible to add an auto232 device (for internet chess games) in your GUI?

Other than that, the GUI looks great! Look forward to testing it.

Thanks and much appreciated.

chess-wizard

Post by chess-wizard » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:30 pm

(1) Chess Wizard doesn't support books yet. In fact, Stockfish does.
(2) TGD is not supported because I have not such a device. I think it sounds good to connect to ICS.
Prima wrote:Thanks chess-wizard. I downloaded but haven't installed it yet to test out basic functions etc. In the meantime, I have a couple of questions. (1) What book format does the Chess Wizard GUI uses by default? PolyGlot, maybe? (2) Is it possible to add an auto232 device (for internet chess games) in your GUI?

ernest

Post by ernest » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:08 am

chess-wizard wrote: and now start to release Chess Wizard
Chess Wizard is the name of a powerful chess program, by Frenchman Frederic Louguet.
During the years 1999 to 2006, it participated to the French Computer Chess Championship (even winning it at least once).
Unfortunately, the program has remained private.

see for instance http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... 785#391785

chess-wizard

Post by chess-wizard » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:14 am

ernest wrote:Chess Wizard is the name of a powerful chess program, by Frenchman Frederic Louguet.
During the years 1999 to 2006, it participated to the French Computer Chess Championship (even winning it at least once).
Unfortunately, the program has remained private.
Fortunately, this name is not protected as a trademark ;)