Rybka large pages

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
halestorm

Rybka large pages

Post by halestorm » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:01 pm

Using the information found at the rybka forums, I followed the instructions in the PDF (attached). I have enabled Large Pages in Rybka's options. I have rebooted the computer. I have six GB of RAM on a Win7 64-bit system (viewable by SystemInfo), so it's not a hardware issue.

When I load Rybka, I check the logs and see a "Large pages not used - user choice." Of course, it is my choice to use them, not discard them.

Questions: How do I tell Rybka it is my choice to use this feature?
And what do I specify as the hashtable size (512? 1024?) and where?
Attachments
Rybkalargepages-draftFAQ.pdf
(202.12 KiB) Downloaded 305 times

Uly

Re: Rybka large pages

Post by Uly » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:17 pm

What interface are you using?

halestorm

Post by halestorm » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:54 am

GUI was intentionally omitted because the same thing occurs with Arena, Fritz and Aquarium. I believed the question and problem was independent of GUI. Just to make it simple, let's assume we're using Arena. How would I avoid the "user choice" large pages in the log? Or any other GUI if you know the answer about hash size for large pages to work?

yanquis1972

Post by yanquis1972 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:32 am

can you copy and paste a log? i feel like i've seen that message but then later it says something about large pages being enabled. busy atm but i'll double check later.