Raid

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
Eduard Nemeth

Re: Raid

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:25 am

Here is this code from search.cpp from Stockfish 15:

// Futility margin
Value futility_margin(Depth d, bool improving) {
return Value(168 * (d - improving));
}

// Reductions lookup table, initialized at startup
int Reductions[MAX_MOVES]; // [depth or moveNumber]

Depth reduction(bool i, Depth d, int mn, Value delta, Value rootDelta) {
int r = Reductions[d] * Reductions[mn];
return (r + 1463 - int(delta) * 1024 / int(rootDelta)) / 1024 + (!i && r > 1010);
}

constexpr int futility_move_count(bool improving, Depth depth) {
return (3 + depth * depth) / (2 - improving);
}

// History and stats update bonus, based on depth
int stat_bonus(Depth d) {
return std::min((9 * d + 270) * d - 311 , 2145);
}

I could therefore test at least 100 new Stockfish versions every day, Raid would only be a kind of fish cooking engine, also with old codes from Stockfish 15 (only values of old SF 15 were changed). So here are some old source code by SF 15 (with slightly different values) inserted into the Stockfish 010723 code, that's all I see.
Last edited by Eduard Nemeth on Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peace be with you!

OrgZ

Post by OrgZ » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:28 am

Homayoun

Thank you 🙏

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:44 am

Homayoun wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:19 am
Hi orgz
Thanks for sharing your work with us. It’s not important that it’s the best engine or not the important thing is , you tried for us. Many thanks. I hope you can even make better and better engines in future.
Best regards
Have fun testing, I won't test such engines with my ENET-2023 Testsuite, it's a waste of time. I have written in such detail that everyone can see what was changed in the Stockfish code, but it is not enough for me to test such an engine and add it to my test list. That is the reason.

My Test:
https://solistachess.jimdosite.com/testing/
Peace be with you!

Homayoun

Post by Homayoun » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:57 am

Eduard Nemeth wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:44 am
Homayoun wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:19 am
Hi orgz
Thanks for sharing your work with us. It’s not important that it’s the best engine or not the important thing is , you tried for us. Many thanks. I hope you can even make better and better engines in future.
Best regards
Have fun testing, I won't test such engines with my ENET-2023 Testsuite, it's a waste of time.

https://solistachess.jimdosite.com/testing/
Hi Mr. Nemeth
I only ask you a simple question. Is now your knowledge about making engines comparable with your knowledge on first days that start making your first projects and also are the results comparable with each other? If you answer this question for yourself then you will never say such disappointing statements to a person who wants to share his/her first experimental works with us.
Best regards

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:32 am

In forums you don't have to address me indirectly as Mr. N. Thank you! Everyone can share whatever they want. I'm just expressing my own point of view.

In the future I will check all sources before I test an engine with my position test, this also applies to my own engines. I will no longer test such engines where only very few codes have been changed compared to SF dev.

Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to that before. I'll change that now! Also with regard to my own engines!

By the way, SugaR AI SE had the greatest agreement with SF dev. The code of SugaR AI SE is 100% identical to SF dev released at the same time. That's why I removed SugaR AI SE from my list. I repeat: engines that differ only extremly slightly from SF dev are not worth testing. Of course, such engines have their justification as private engines, for my own tests they are no longer welcome.

I wish everyone fun testing Raid, but the engine is not independent enough for me, sorry. Have fun testing clones! :-)
Peace be with you!

Homayoun

Post by Homayoun » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:47 am

I agree with you in most of the parts. But just don’t forget that persons don’t have enough dare to make great changes in sf code while their first experimental works. Step by step. It needs more knowledge, experience and time. May be one day you would test the next versions of raid too, who knows.
Best regards

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:49 am

I have removed all download links to my own engines on my homepage. What I write for others also applies to me. My engines (which have more code changes to SF dev than Raid) are now only available privately.

https://solistachess.jimdosite.com/solista-news/
Peace be with you!

Homayoun

Post by Homayoun » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:58 am

Eduard Nemeth wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:49 am
I have removed all download links to my own engines on my homepage. What I write for others also applies to me. My engines (which have more code changes to SF dev than Raid) are now only available privately.

https://solistachess.jimdosite.com/solista-news/
If you write something in pm or private to someone yes it’s completely related to you. But when you write something for whole forum ,others can have their comments too.

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:22 am

I only wrote something in this thread so that the author knows why I don't want to test his engine. But also so that everyone else knows why I no longer want to test some engines. Everyone has their own point of view. You should know that I read the forums, and also that I look at the new engines (the source code). If there are just a few, very few lines that differ from SF dev, I'll throw the engine away and erase it from my hard drive, that's my new point of view.
Peace be with you!

Homayoun

Post by Homayoun » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:39 am

Ok. Thanks. Have good times.