WSI-2024 ChessPack

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
minutka15

WSI-2024 ChessPack

Post by minutka15 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:23 pm

Good day to all!
I decided to open a new topic in this thread. I hope it will be appropriate here!
If you are an engine lover, then you probably have many folders/sub-folders with various engine archives.
Problem 1). You always face the problem of keeping these engines already installed in the shell, or removing them after tests, since the space on the hard drive is not unlimited.
Problem 2). You always need to reconnect one or another engine via fritz, and this always takes time and nerves. I am sure that this problem is known to many chess fans.
So, I decided to create a simple engine keeper/installer that does not require much effort or knowledge in scripts.
I am sure that this assembly will be useful to many.
All you need is to archive your engines using 7z and put them in the 'Install' folder, creating a folder name in it.
In general, take any engine from the assembly as a sample and create your own engine with the same structure.
Any created folder in the project root (in the install folder) will be captured in the 'listbox', and at any time you can install one or another engine by running the WSI-2024 installer.
This assembly contains more than 250 free engines.
Good luck to all!

https://pixeldrain.com/u/wYnLrvga

Homayoun

Re: WSI-2024 ChessPack

Post by Homayoun » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:40 pm

minutka15 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:23 pm
Good day to all!
I decided to open a new topic in this thread. I hope it will be appropriate here!
If you are an engine lover, then you probably have many folders/sub-folders with various engine archives.
Problem 1). You always face the problem of keeping these engines already installed in the shell, or removing them after tests, since the space on the hard drive is not unlimited.
Problem 2). You always need to reconnect one or another engine via fritz, and this always takes time and nerves. I am sure that this problem is known to many chess fans.
So, I decided to create a simple engine keeper/installer that does not require much effort or knowledge in scripts.
I am sure that this assembly will be useful to many.
All you need is to archive your engines using 7z and put them in the 'Install' folder, creating a folder name in it.
In general, take any engine from the assembly as a sample and create your own engine with the same structure.
Any created folder in the project root (in the install folder) will be captured in the 'listbox', and at any time you can install one or another engine by running the WSI-2024 installer.
This assembly contains more than 250 free engines.
Good luck to all!

https://pixeldrain.com/u/wYnLrvga
Many thanks, Minutka.

minutka15

Post by minutka15 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:11 pm

Many thanks, Minutka.
You are welcome

ZamChess

Post by ZamChess » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:40 am

Thank you very much Minutka15 !